Every year I realize how busy the holidays are going to be and try to prepare for the rush. . .
. . .the rush of getting presents ready, for travel, for setting up decorations, for special musical numbers, for the snow and all it's curses, and of course for having fun as a family.
So, in order to accomplish these I've tried to avoid turning on the computer (one of my main
'time suckers') and focus on what needs to be done.
Needless to say, my laundry is still not done, my piano lessons not quite practiced, the dishes still dirty, the garbage still overflowing, and suitcases still half unpacked after our Thanksgiving getaway.
But, despite my short-term head cold and my inability to prioritize housecleaning, we have had some exceptionally sweet moments in our family.
Thank goodness for daughters, sisters, friends, parents, FAMILY . .
Thank goodness especially for husbands. . .
Thank goodness for delicious food. . .
Thank goodness for kid's naps. . .
Thank goodness for hot chocolate, and heaters. . .
Thank goodness for romance novels. . .
Thank goodness for cameras to capture precious moments in our lives. . .
Thank goodness that laundry, dishes, garbage and vacuuming really can wait. . .
Thank goodness for the joy of the Christmas season and all the fun times that come with it!
havin' a blast beautifying our Christmas tree.
Here's mike dancing with Carina to keep her from pulling all the glass bulbs off the tree. . . cute pair.
Carina fell asleep next to the refrigerator in the girls' little 'fort.' Yes, she fell asleep on that box.
This darling picture speaks for itself. . .
Enjoying hot chocolate with the girls after shoveling snow in the driveway. It took about 40 minutes to get them dressed in all their winter gear just to have them crying of cold within about 10 minutes outside...(7 degrees F) 

See. . . not getting stuff done is totally worth it but please don't come over. . . :)
Haha, I thought it was funny at the end how you said, please don't come over :) I agree though all of that other stuff can wait, have fun with your kids, that is what is important :)
ReplyDeleteAs long as you live there I will be reminded of how glad I am not to live there! I will never miss 7 degree weather! I'm glad you're enjoying the Christmas season. I am too. :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I love your positive outlook. And you're right, the dishes really CAN wait! There are better things to do. Danna is becoming such a pretty girl. And I can't believe Carina fell asleep on a box. Too funny!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing you wrote was that it took 20 minutes just to get the girls ready to go outside. I remember those days soooo well. I don't miss them AT ALL! One hint: buy mittens, never fingered gloves. They will say, "But mom, I can't do anything with mittens." You say, "That's okay dear because you will only be out there for 10 minutes anyway."
ReplyDeleteTiff, did Rina really fall asleep behind the refrigerator, that's too funny. I'm glad you were able to get your tree decorated, you'll have to come over and see Talon and I's decorations soon. When would be a good night to have your family over for dinner?
ReplyDeleteAmber