This past Wednesday was Mike's birthday! HAPPY 31st BIRTHDAY HONEY!
It was pretty low-key round here, and don't even have any pictures of the event.
His hugely expensive birthday present was a new camera though. . . (thanks to all who chipped in), it's a Nikkon D3000. Sounds awesome right? I thought so. . .
It looks something like this:

Anyway, though we didn't get pictures of Mike or of our little birthday celebration on his birthday we have taken some time to mess around with the new camera.
Here are some of my favorites. . .
(In case anyone's wondering, I don't know that much about cameras so it's been a learning experience for me. . . don't judge.) We will be taking classes to figure it out officially later. . .
Thanks again to the models in these shots, you were totally professional, or not.
cheezer smile
couldn't get this one to cooperate
these suckers were a huge hit grandma!--they may not have any teeth later in life though
don't interrupt me mom!
cutest little baby bum EVER!
finally caught a smile, though it's a bit blurry, we'll work on that
i'm lovin' her eyes in this picture
cracks me up!
just getting up. . .
If you have any tips let me know. Keep in mind, I'm camera illiterate though so you'll have to be quite specific and very very general.
I'll get it eventually.
Haha, your girls are going to hate these pictures when they grow up. I hope you and Mike enjoy the camera, is there anything else Mike wanted for his birthday. We have a small budget but we'd like to get him something no matter how late.
ReplyDeleteAmber
Glad they enjoyed the suckers. Great work with the camera, Ms. photographer! Keep the pictures coming... Grandma loves them.
ReplyDeleteGood work! I am excited to see the pictures from his race!
ReplyDeleteNice camera! There is so much you can do with an SLR, it's nuts! It looks like you've already got some of the skills down. I would challenge you to shoot only in manual mode. It's tough at first (I'm still learning!) but you'll begin to understand your camera better and take even cooler pictures. Check out ilovephotography.com and iheartfaces.blogspot.com to get ya started.
ReplyDelete