Friday, April 30, 2010

Trip

We just got back from probably our one and only vacation this summer.  

I'm exhausted!



Pictures speak louder than words so here's a look at what we did. 


Kristin, Richard, Brandon, Mike and Devan all participated in a sprint triathlon Saturday morning. They were awesome!

Big brother Richard diving into the water. . .

2nd big brother Brandon getting a breath at the wall. . .

Little brother Devan with my hubby, Mike, right on his tail. . .

Mike at the tail end of the bike leg (kicking about 255 rear ends). . .

Kristin at the end of her bike split. . .

Hubby starting the run. . .

Richard on the run. . .


Devan getting his running start. . .

Kristin starting her favorite leg. . .

Spectators. . . not very interested. . .

Tired of watching. . .

Overall they all did awesome! I used the excuse of being pregnant. . . (really though, who knows if I could even finish this type of thing if I wasn't pregnant. . .)
And I might have been just as exhausted afterward as the 5 of them were. . . taking pictures of 5 different athletes at each stage of the race was not an easy task, let me tell you. . .


Then on to our next destination -- Arches National Park -- near Moab, Utah.

Lots of sun, and sand. . .


Delicate Arch--recognize this from Utah license plates?

Danna hiking up to the delicate arch. . . these piles of rocks were the trail markers (Danna knocked this one down as soon as the picture was taken). . .

Finally at the top, Danna made it the whole way!  love these girls. . .

The fam at the top! 

Carina hiking the way down, she had too much fun with the un-level ground. I just about had a heart attack in the meantime watching her teeter and topple. . .

Fins of rock, very cool looking. . .

This is what all the adult males did, climb all over everything, take impossible routes up rocks, and scrape up knees. . .

This is the only picture of me you really get. Preggo me and little Carina from Mike's perspective on top of the sand dune arch.

Thanks guys for the fun times! I hope we can do something like this again soon!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like your knew camera is AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It must have been a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun!! and those are some AMAZING pictures!! Looks like you had fun with your new toy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your camera is AMAZING! Seriously, what do you do? I want to know.

    Your vacation experiences look like a blast! I love arches. I'll bet the warmer weather felt great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAntastic Pictures!!

    I think the spectators are absolutely addorable!!! Very impressive for everyone, I wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow TIffany what a wonderful trip!!! It looks like you guys had a great time :)

    PS: Your pictures look amazing, it may be time that I upgrade my $90 camera too :)

    ReplyDelete