Tuesday, January 11, 2011

bet you've never

gone sledding at a dairy farm. . .

well I HAVE!!! {rub, rub, rub in your face-- bwa ha ha!}

ahem ...

Aaaanyway,
It was AWESOME I TELL YOU!!!

Here are a few pics of the girls all decked out in their winter gear!

Here's my CUTE little niece

CUTE Brynn (and of course my CUTE hubby)

CUTE Carina

CUTE Danna

And this is my CUTE sister Amber and her CUTE baby again

Seriously--- is my family CUTE or what?


it was seriously COLD outside!

And here they GO! Uncle Talon got to go on the first run with the girls

they had a blast of course (wish I could have gotten a better shot of the pure delight on their faces)

Mike's turn

After a few runs we were getting a bit cold and dropped the babies off in the warm house so we could have some REAL fun ...


well after first petting the brand new calf (born the day before)

I know this looks disgusting and wish we'd taken a picture when we weren't sledding behind the tractor in mud but it was a BLAST! This was on our way to the empty field.

These cows were like, "what the?"


We had to pass through a field WITH cows to get to the field WITHOUT cows. It was fun till I looked behind us and the cows were following within about 5 feet of us.

Cows can be TERRIFYING ...

I had a mini heart attack

Talon was laughing ...

so this picture above is me (off the sled) attempting to protect my children from the huge and frightening curious cows.



warming up a bit inside the tractor

I wish I'd taken tons of pictures of us sledding behind the tractor but my hands (and rear end) were cold OK? Eventually the girls wanted to go inside and the guys went at it alone and got creative.

We are TOTALLY going to have to invite ourselves over here again!!!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. ok first yes I grew up on a dairy farm so that is where all of my memories of sledding are from...a DAIRY FARM! and second to have the true farm sledding experience you need to find yourself an old car hood and use that as your sled to be pulled behind the tractor...none of this plastic bought at the store sleds!!!! HAHHA, I'm just sayin!!!

    actually I wish I was home right now and there was snow on the ground so that my dad could take my kidlets sledding in the field...but i'm not at home, and there is no snow!! Looks like fun, glad you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I LOVED all these pictures! It's good to see the 'ol farm again. That looks like soooo much fun!!! Especially sledding behind the tractor. I also like how Talon wore his coveralls. Awesome.

    P.S. You are becoming quite the photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looking at your whole crew in snow clothes exhausts me. Memories of getting all the gear on all the kids especially gloves and boots....Holy Cow! A lot of work! But you all look darling. Don't forget I get the baby boo every sunday until....I have my own grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a fun time. Still, we'll have to wait until the girls are big enough to walk home on their own next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally looks like real, honest, down home FUN!! Oh, and I LOVE Brynn's hat -- and Brynn, of course, not to mention my other two adorable granddaughters. Haha

    ReplyDelete