Tuesday, January 28, 2014

anothern?

So are you all ready for another funny...

here's how today seems to be going...



I'm really bad at notating all the funny kid-isms that happen around here but here's what happened today...


Danna (my super obedient and mature 7 year old) came up to me as I was reading a book and said...

"Mom, I'm sorry, I just got so carried away..."

she proceeded to tell me some really long and confusing narrative about why we painted her walls that color when she really wanted a room that looked like a jungle...and something about the curtains... and how she used a butterfly... and blue looks like the sky...
or something along those lines

I looked at her with at "wha?" expression on my face 

followed by "just show me"

she was almost in tears so I knew it was gonna be good.

Marker drawings alllllll over her bedroom wall....

from a 7 year old.


yep... carried away... obviously...
(didn't even know she knew that phrase)

and then my all time most used parenting response....

"What in your right mind made you think this would ever be okay with me!?"

pretty sure I use that one every day at least...
(I mean who raised these kids anyway?!)


so she cleaned it up--it came off easily

the end

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy... I guess we all have moments when we just get a little carried away. It was the artist in her. :)

    ReplyDelete