Monday, June 22, 2009

Lucky me

Just over 4 1/2 years ago in September, I had just started my sophomore year at BYU-Idaho. My first day at church I did what everyone else in a student ward does, and scoped out the dating pool. Right away I picked out some LUCKY guy I thought was oh sooo cute! We met later that week. To make a long story short, I'll just say that we didn't hit it off right away. 
LUCKily though, he was assigned as my apartment's Family Home Evening brother, and my home teacher. We became fast friends. Time passed for us as we dated around until LUCKily he realized how great a match we really were. And then LUCKily he convinced me of the same thing.
He proposed after Christmas, we were engaged by Valentines Day. (LUCKily I didn't wait much  longer to answer than that) :)

We were married May 21, 2005 in the Columbia River Temple in Richland, Washington. LUCKily the weather cooperated. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. (And LUCKily his parents liked me.)

I was LUCKY to have married a man who had already graduated, making it easy for me to go to school while he worked during the day. We were pregnant after being married six months. LUCKily my pregnancy was good with no complications. But our baby was due the day before finals! 

LUCKily she came a week late (Aug 29, 2006), I was able to finish my semester well. What an absolutely perfect little girl we had! What LUCKY parents we are!
After the baby was born, I was extremely LUCKY to finish my degree after only 2 more semesters of school (right before my scholarship ran out). 

What a cute little family we had. Just over a year after our baby was born, we had another LUCKY surprise. Baby #2 was on the way!

May 23, 2008 was the beautiful day that our second daughter was born. Here was another perfect angel we were LUCKY to have helped bring into the world. 


Now, a year later on Father's Day, I can reflect on how LUCKY I have been. I married a wonderful, compassionate, dedicated, and forgiving man who has exceeded my expectations as a patient husband, loving daddy, and righteous priesthood holder. 
 
Thank you, Mike, for sticking with me and helping me through it all!
LUCKY ME!

Happy Father's Day!

7 comments:

  1. It cracks me up that Mike has the same look on his face in the first picture as he does in the last one. He must really like ties to be just as excited as when you finally said yes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written. I loved it! You guys are cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome blog! We are so LUCKY that you decided to buy a house in our ward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was cute. I'm glad you guys got married too! I'm planning to call later today by the way. . .sorry we missed your call yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't hindsight wonderful?!

    ps your girls are really adorable!

    ReplyDelete