Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gone

Gone. . .
until this baby gets here (and most likely not until awhile after). . .


Gone are long deep dream-filled nights. Instead they've been replaced with heaving myself out of bed to relieve myself every couple of hours,

Gone is my patience with entertaining the girls, (throw on another Disney movie please. . .)

Gone is my sanity--I'd love to repaint every room in the house, buy all new bedroom furniture, put in our basement and landscape the backyard (preferably before the baby gets here of course. . .) Actually, I don't have the energy, think my husband will mind doing it all by himself?

Gone is an even remote dinner time, if dinner at all. . .

Gone is my wit and humor in most situations (including this blog, sorry guys, I've been lame)--too exhausted anymore. . .

Gone is waking up without ridiculous pain in both hips,

Gone is my self-control where healthy foods are concerned. . .

Gone is feeling comfortable in public in a swimming suit--okay lets face it, I look like a walrus in a swimming suit even in private. . .

Gone is the energy to get the laundry done,

Gone are comfortable warm bubble baths-- despite barely fitting under the water I usually have to get out cause it's too stinkin' hot, same with showers, I need 30 minutes to cool down after showering every morning in lukewarm water. . .

Gone is most food past 5 p.m. due to crazy heartburn. . . ice cream does not count. . .

Gone is being outside enjoying the rays of the sun with my kiddos--when did 80 degrees become so hot!!

Gone is my clean house. . . if we can't repaint there's no point in cleaning up right?

I cracks me up when people ask me "so, you hangin' in there?" when it comes to this baby getting here. "Well, hmm. . . let me think. . ."

I think I've come up with an answer. . .
"Nope, I gave up about a week ago" and then smile. . .

I may be a bit of a nutcase while I'm pregnant but hopefully everyone will forget and forgive. And then as my husband reminded me, "it only gets harder when the baby actually gets here. . ."

"oh yeah."

I'll figure it out. Please bear with me ;)

7 comments:

  1. Ha! Don't worry, I think you've still got your sense of humor. I laughed anyway. But I should cry to because I feel your pain. I know it's miserable... And it's not really worse afterwards because you do get to add a cute baby to your family. Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I know. Hey, maybe you guys need to take another vacation up to the splash park. You know, because Rexburg is so super fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, it was still funny the second time I read it. See you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im with you on most of those...except dinner time i ALWAYS have something for dinner im planning dinner as i get up in the morning haha thats how excited i get for DINNER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny!!

    I'm thinking a girls night for ice cream might sound nice! you!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember it all too clearly! I understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiff you are adorable! You will survive.. somehow both of our moms did it with lots of kids, so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete