Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Independence. . .

As this baby is on the brink of arriving I have thought a bit about (or rather, had a mini nervous breakdown about) how to take on 3 different kids with 3 different levels of dependence on me, or independence from me.

My thought process has always been, "the more they can do for themselves the better, right?"
Well, now I can't decide . . .


Exhibit 1: 2 year old and DVDs

Carina MUST on her own open the case, pull out the DVD (I cringe every time expecting it to snap in half), carry it to the TV with finger in the hole, push eject on DVD player, insert DVD, and then push play.

If the tray doesn't eject fast enough or she can't pull the movie out of the case we often get a DVD thrown across the room. Pretty fun. . . not!

(*on a complete side note aren't squatting kid pictures just the BEST!!!! I love them! Maybe I'm weird)



Exhibit 2: 3 year old making a sandwich

Danna's hungry and mommy doesn't get right on making lunch? Have no fear she's on it. . .

first take out ingredients


spread the mayo and mustard



add cheese (sliced herself), meat and lettuce



and chow down!
Who needs mom anyway?


Exhibit 3: 2 year old attempts chocolate milk
(another side note, because I put juice in a cup that was not 'her pink-un' Carina refused to drink it and insisted she make something herself while mom was in the shower. Do I smell "terrible twos" around here?)


yes, 24-ish pound Carina pulled this completely full milk jug from the fridge.


And the finished product. More chocolate syrup on her arms, legs, shirt, floor, (and my bed sheets randomly), than in the cup.
sorry about the fuzzy pictures (camera retarded-ness on my part)


Conclusion?

Lock them up in their room once this baby gets here?
Teach Danna to make chocolate milk in special pink cup especially for her sister?
Lock up all DVDs and never rent from the library again?
Attach a hose to our sink and hose down the kitchen every night?
. . .

I can't decide.

4 comments:

  1. loved the pictures!! oh my gosh, it really takes me bake to the days...or should i say DAZE! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. Poor Tiffany. Your girls are too SMART!!! and cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you capture real life so well. I'll trade you my scratched DVD's for your scratched DVD's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts always make me that much more excited to have a little girl of my own (haha). Then again, if my little girl is as cute as either of yours, I'm sure I'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete