Monday, November 22, 2010

It snowed. . .



A LOT!!!!

And it just keeps on comin'!


I force myself to take a deep breath.

Fighting to keep the tears to stay at bay I ponder. . .

. . .how the snow, despite it's dangers and frustrations, is really beautiful.

How it makes my girls so extraordinarily excited. . .

. . .to think about bundling up and stomping around in the snow,

to make snowmen,

to go sledding,

and to eat as much of that icy delicious treat as they can. . .

I think on how happy. . .

. . .my husband is planning trips to go snow shoeing through the beautiful frosty forest (something he looks forward to all year long). . .

. . .and how snow seems to bring in the Christmas spirit. . .

and these are reasons that bring a smile to my face.

Winter is really here. . .

and I am already tired. . .

. . . just thinking about it. . .

Here's a big "good on ya!" to those who love winter! (wish it were me)
I'll put on my warm socks and my pj's, stir up some instant apple cider, and turn on a movie (or two or three)

and wait for spring. . .

5 comments:

  1. Your girls are so cute! Winter has hit here as well in the inland northwest. Have fun sipping cider and watching movies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll be waiting right along with ya!! i wouldn't mind the snow as much if it just didn't make a huge mess ya know. mess in my house. mess in the car, mess on the roads. it's just messy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have a hard time enjoying the snow this winter as well. Talon's already preparing to teach me to drive his truck so I can have four wheel drive when I have to drive to school for my student teaching all winter long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't lie... I love it! Idaho here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Tiff! You're just saying that because of the weather advisories we keep seeing on TV—the ones that say, "Don't drive. If you must travel, carry a winter survival kit. If you become stranded, remain in your car."

    I just keep thinking about how sad I was when snowshoe season ended last year.

    ReplyDelete