Like when your date says, "Yeah, I love milkshakes. You know I drank only milkshakes for an entire month once when my mouth was wired shut"
or, "Yeah, sure I've helped castrate pigs before,"
or, "I got in a fight with a muskrat once ..."
or "Dude, I've won a dogsled race!"
Wha? Uhhh, okay, random ...
These examples are real. And all from the same guy.
Truly.
And I married him ...
Anyway, while I will not get into the other random stories referred to, I do want to tell you about how my hubby won a dogsled race. Pretty awesome I think.
Mike used to be a newspaper reporter back before we met (and made all his wildest dreams come true :) )
Every year Ashton hosts its American Dog Derby and Mike went to, well, report.
Besides watching and cheering for the racers there are tons of fun things for the spectators to do, including mutt races (household dogs pulling children on sleds), a weight pull, jamming to music, a junior musher's race, a snowshoe race, greasy (delicious) concession food and a celebrity dog sled race.
When the celebrity race was getting started, someone yelled over for Mike to get ready.
"I'm not a celebrity."
"Sure you are, you're with the paper right?"
"Uh, okay, why not?"
So Mike raced (against local channel reporters and such). And you can guess what happened ... he won!!
(And if you've ever heard him with his cowboy "Yeeeeeee-ew" you'll know why he won. Those poor dogs must have been terrified!)
And as proof. Here he is (2004):
And this year we had my brother Devan come along for the fun.
And more waiting ...
Carina kept eating the snow. We warned her about yellow snow but apparently she didn't care about dirt covered street snow. Sick! (And Devan's face cracks me up too! Bah ha!)

WOAH! I didn't know ANY of those things about Mike. :) That's so stinkin cool that he does dogsled races! Love the pictures, too! :)
ReplyDeleteUm, I should clarify: I don't do dogsled races. I did one once. The really funny part was that it was a "celebrity" dogsled race. They said since I was a reporter for the Post Register I qualified as a celebrity. Ha ha!
ReplyDeleteOh, and that last comment was from Mike and not Tiffany.
ReplyDeleteYeah well, I'm his mother and I didn't even know that about him, but he probably told me once.
ReplyDelete