Wednesday, May 2, 2012

musicals

My husband thinks I'm a nerd.

I like musicals.

"Like"--"Love"--"Obsessed With"-- whatever you want to call it.

And I've been on a kick recently. My librarian probably thinks I'm slightly insane too cause I keep checking out musicals from her every week.

They never seem to get old, I can watch them again an again. Or listen to the soundtracks over and over. Pandora has a whole broadway musical CHANNEL. It's great.

I think my obsession started in high school when I played in the pit orchestra for a few of our high school musicals. Funnest thing in the WORLD to do!
No exaggeration.
It probably would be fun to be an actor/dancer/singer in one too but those skills I just don't have.  boo.

So I guess my deep down secret wish is to star in a musical.  (Like I said--nerd)

Wanna know one of my secret favorite things about my husband? He can act really well. And his singing voice ain't all that bad either. I think if he were ever to be in a musical someday I would Really-Really-Ultra--and then some--have the Biggest (silently scream inside my mind) teenage crush on him. Even though we're already married.
It would seriously make my day.
(I think all who know him should subtly encourage him to try it out sometime)

Anyway I changed my blog playlist just to show you all how great they can be (even though there's a serious lack of musical options to choose from)

Some of my favorite musicals-- in no particular order ...

  • Les Miserables
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Newsies
  • My Fair Lady
  • Hello Dolly
  • Mary Poppins
  • Oklahoma (played in HS)
  • Annie
  • Thoroughly Modern Millie
  • Cinderella (played in HS)
  • Sound of Music
  • Oliver
  • Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
  • Wizard of Oz
  • Rigoletto
  • Bye Bye Birdie (played in HS)
  • Hairspray
  • Enchanted
  • High School Musical
  • Wicked
  • Grease
  • Footloose
  • The Music Man
  • West Side Story (good music)
  • Fiddler on the Roof
you should really check them out ... or just listen to some songs I love for a bit...  


1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. I love your secret fantasies. What if Mike had to kiss another woman? How would you feel about that? Just wondering. . .

    I love musicals too. I wish life were more like them! I may or may not walk around my house pretending I"m in one from time to time. And my secret confession. . .one of the things I love most about Richard is that he will join in!

    ReplyDelete