Friday, February 20, 2009

bored. . .

I've found that one of the hardest things about being a housewife/mommy is coping with the idea that your life is going to be monotonous. I held out hope there for awhile that I would be able to fill my 'spare time' with something to keep me sane but I found that trying to complete a project or take a class or whatever is almost more frustrating than helpful. At least for me. . .  
So my newest goal is to be happy with the monotony. 

I'm still working on it.

In the meantime, here's one of the projects that I've been dreaming about and working on lately.
It's just the top and not ironed but didn't it turn out great (though quite crazy in the process)?

The best part about it is that it started out as a thrift store shower curtain that I liked. I picked up the a yellow fabric shower curtain with the embroidered daisies and had it in our bathroom for about a week. The whole time it drove me crazy because it had a huge ruffle thing on top that made it look like a granny had decorated our bathroom. So instead I just chopped it up. I like my masterpiece better.

The best news is that neither of my daughters was damaged in my cutting fabric on the floor attempts (you notice I didn't mention myself). And they actually let me sit at the sewing machine for 30 minutes at a time while they were awake. I think that is an improvement from the norm. It took me a week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's beautiful Tiff! I'm impressed you were able to create that from a shower curtain, and with two kids! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. I didn't know you could sew like that.

    ReplyDelete