Saturday, February 7, 2009

new obsession!

I've been wanting to make some cute hair bows for the girls but never started cause I didn't want to begin ANOTHER project I couldn't finish. So, I convinced my extremely busy sister to forget the two papers she needed to write for college and come play with me! We spent the entire morning tying, cutting and burning ourselves with the hot glue gun. It was so much fun! And then after she left I kept going crazy.
I think (despite how we started out) that we had some pretty darn cute results!! 

The pictures don't do justice. Believe me, they're cute!
This is our flower garden. . .


The fancy ribbon work. . . (this is way harder than you might think)



And the tinys. . . (sorry this picture wouldn't focus so it's a bit fuzzy)



I wanted to get a picture of my bows in action so here we go with the girlies on the couch.



I recommend everyone try making these. It's addicting!
Let me know what you think!


8 comments:

  1. AHH those are so stinkin cute! I cant wait for me to have a girl to do all that fun girly stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brown bows are adorable, I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just a precaution, if you used the hot glue gun to glue them to the clips, they might fall off. all of mine that I used the glue gun on fell off, but if you go to the craft section of walmart and get like the tacky glue, or gorilla glue, or the E4 600 (or something like that) those ones I haven't had a problem with. They do look cute though! And I hope they stay together, but if not, just try those other options!! I use the tacky glue, it just takes a little bit longer to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're absolutely adorable!! Teach me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are cute! I wish Hailee would keep things in her hair. It's still just too thin! Anyway, I like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. actually funny you mentioned that, because we actually did see your parents when we were leaving. did they like it?

    We are living in Kennewick just off of clearwater, across from kamiakin High School!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great! I want to make some headbands for our new little one.

    Thanks for your latest comment on my blog - you totally made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flower bows! I need to follow your example. If you want to learn an easy way to make ribbon bows, go to kraftykatrina.blogspot.com and click on crafts. I think it is the 3rd one down where she goes into detail on how to make them, and I can testify that it is really easy how she does it. It is how I have made all of mine for Lydia. Of course, all this info is just if you decide that you want to restart you project.

    ReplyDelete