Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting into trouble

Danna (my 2.5 year old) is definitely keeping me on my toes.

Here's a list of only some of the things she's done in the past week while my back was turned:
  • emptied the floss from the floss dispenser
  • taken her diapers off and peed on the carpet twice
  • ran around the kitchen spilling plum juice all over the ground (and walls)
  • colored with pen on our computer screen
  • emptied the toilet paper in our bathroom AND cut it up with scissors that she found somewhere (luckily no hair)
  • broken a DVD when she jumped on it on her bed
  • taken tampons out of their wrappers and left them all over the house (Mike really didn't like this one)
  • slammed her sisters fingers in the toybox and her bedroom door
  • pulled pictures off the wall over Carina's crib
  • emptied the drawer of beads I keep in the basement all over the floor
  • took a bite out of almost every apple in the crisper and left it around the house
  • broken the dry spaghetti noodles all over the kitchen floor
  • emptied all the pieces and cards and tiles of all the games we own (that's a lot)on the living room floor.  Dominoes, Sequence tokens, Rummikub tiles, Life money and little plastic people, dice all over the place. . .
  • colored on her face and feet with a dry erase marker


I don't have many pictures cause at the time the last thing I'm thinking of is how I'm going to remember this moment. And I'm spending the rest of my time running after her and cleaning up after her. It makes it look like I don't pay attention to my children but I don't know how in the world I'm supposed to keep up with those two!!!
I must admit though, it's much funnier looking back at the week than participating in it :)
Still love my Danna!

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear! You have your hands full! I can't believe she is getting soooo big! 2 and a half years old! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, i am not looking forward to that!! Just lock her in her room with minimal things to damage?? that is my only suggestion (as you can tell though i DONT have a 2 1/2 year old, so dont take my advice)ha ha she makes life interesting though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I feel for you. I heard that the terrible twos don't start until they're two and a half. Sounds about right here. Good luck Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking a bite out of all of those apples is hilarious-at least to me! I can definitely commiserate-toddlers have so much more energy than moms do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are times I am sure you want to pull your hair out, but how fun it was for me to read about it all! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear! Basically what you're saying is you're ready to have another one, right? :) Looks like you're having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete