Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm married to an old man!


Mike just turned the big 30 yesterday!!! I can't believe it! We didn't really have the time or money to do anything big but we did have a small birthday party for him last night after he got home from mutual. 
And he got his favorite of all meals for dinner. . . FISH (even though it was dry and I probably made it completely wrong). 
He got to open a few presents and then we had the girls help blow out the candles on his angel food cake! YUM! Tradition has had it that we buy a Dairy Queen ice cream cake every birthday but they are just so darn expensive! Mike once told me that when he was young, whenever he saw an angel food cake at the store he would think, "when I'm an adult I can finally buy angel food cake whenever I want!"  I always thought that was funny.  Mike was thrilled with it and I have to agree, it really was absolutely delicious!

Happy Birthday MIKE!

7 comments:

  1. I hope your birthday was wonderful Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Mike! I hope you guys had a fun time! and I hope you've been able to get your house back together again. . . .sorry that we trashed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's in a constant state of 'trashed' so things really didn't look all that different to me. No biggie-we'll just do it to your house sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike doesnt look a day over 18, so even though your married to an "old man" he definitely doesnt look like it, which is probably nice!! but yeah 30 sounds super old doesnt it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jill, he looks young, I would have guessed early 20s. It's funny you mentioned about our girls being friends. I've thought the same thing since they're about the same age and all. We'll have to get together if we're ever in Tri-Cities at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah ha ha! You old fogie! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Mike! Wow... 30 huh? I'm pretty sure you're still safe though. Your 30's are just an old-man apprenticeship to prepare you for your 40's when you are really and old man... so let not your heart be troubled, you are only an old-man apprentice :)

    ReplyDelete