Well, since we moved into our house, a year ago, I've been unhappy about its color. LOVE the yellow (sigh) but HATE the forest green door and shutters. Every time we drove home it was something I'd wrinkle my nose at and ponder on all the alternatives I'd make to my front yard.
Soooooo, I finally did it. Spur of the moment after my piano lesson on Tuesday I decided if I was going to get it done, it had better be TODAY! Without giving Mike the heads up and putting off cleaning my hideously messy house (which was my original goal) I took on the project.
First, I barricaded the door so my children couldn't get to me (much to their dismay)
Then, I pulled off the shutters and front door hardware and laid down a drop cloth.
(notice the icky green even with the bad lighting, it soooo doesn't go with the yellow they chose for the house, yuck)
Then PAINT!
(I let Danna help while Carina was taking a nap, and yes, she was covered in paint afterwords)
Then reassemble. . .
I wish I had a better picture but by this time it was late afternoon and the shadow lay right over my front door.
I know it may not be exciting to anyone else except me (and my neighbors) but I LOVE IT and am so glad that I was actually able to get it done. It makes the yellow look not so "BAM" and more of a subdued creamy yellow. I think that's just as it should be for the outside of a house. What do you think?

GO ME!
You are AMAZING! I love the white shutters and door! Good job!
ReplyDeleteI think it looks nice! Wow, you're quite the git r done girl. Ambitious. My mom always tells me how great you are. I hope you're okay with me peering in on your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree it looks better, a little more updated. Go Tiff!!
ReplyDeleteI love it! Way to go, girl! It was a much needed update that turned out perfectly.
ReplyDeleteI love it! It looks way different! I love the Go me girl. That made me laugh!
ReplyDeleteThat is funny! My word verfication was "tabed" I guess that is a hint!