Monday, September 28, 2009

family

"We live in a world that is filled with options. If we are not careful, we will find every minute jammed with social events, classes, exercise time, book clubs, scrapbooking, Church callings, music, sports, the Internet, and our favorite TV shows. One mother told me of a time that her children had 29 scheduled commitments every week: music lessons, scouts, dance, Little League, day camps, soccer, art, and so forth. She felt like a taxi driver. Finally, she called a family meeting and announced, 'Something has to go; we have no time to ourselves and no time for each other.' Families need unstructured time when relationships can deepen and real parenting can take place. Take time to listen, to laugh, and to play together." --M. Russell Ballard

(Can't wait to see what we'll learn about next week!!)








Springville, Utah last weekend.
Nothing gets better than this.

9 comments:

  1. that's funny.. that same message has been in my head lately too... i feel like we all tend to do too much that takes away from the family and we are truly the happiest when we spend quality time together. thanks for posting that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote! Thanks for reminding me. I am that peson doing too much I guess. Sorry Nathan couldn't get himself to violin! Rhett also missed Piano. I guess they won't be able to make it on their own! I was super mad at both of them! I will still have Justine owe you babysitting. Aren't I nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danna's face with the flash light is unforgettable! :) lol Looks like a fun trip! Thanks for the good quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully spending time with us counted as quality family time! We definitely had a fun weekend! Are you guys feeling as tired as us this week though? My goodness. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to change the color of your text. I hurt my eyes trying to read the light orange on the white. I love that quote and love seeing what fun things you put on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quote. I decided to count our weekly commitments:

    Piano
    Guitar
    Gymnastics
    Temple
    Ballroom
    Scouts
    Achievement days (which we are terrible about attending)
    Mutual
    The apple
    Church
    FHE

    Could be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I spent waaaay too much on my new camera! Trust me. But I love it, and I'm loving the challenge of learning its features. The camera itself was $650. But then you have to add in the memory card ($15) and bag ($80) and photo editing program for the computer which I don't have yet. Plus, with these types of cameras the lenses are interchangeable...and expensive. SOMEDAY I'll add a telephoto lens and 50mm to my camera stash. MUAHAHA! :) Expensive hobby, yeah? I'm sooo excited!

    ReplyDelete